Automobile insurance coverage is required in virtually each state. Whereas the nationwide common price of automobile insurance coverage premium is $1,674 for a full protection coverage, this common is predicated on a 2019 Toyota Camry. Automobile insurance coverage charges are extremely customized. The price of insurance coverage varies based mostly on a lot of various factors, considered one of which is the make and mannequin of your automobile.
For a Honda Civic, the typical automobile insurance coverage premium is $1,741 for a full protection coverage, in accordance with Bankrate’s 2021 research of quoted annual premiums. That can assist you decide how charges fluctuate among the many best car insurance companies, we checked out a number of the elements that may have a major influence on the price of insurance coverage for a Honda Civic.
How a lot does it price to insure a Honda Civic?
The typical American driver pays $1,741 for a full protection coverage on a 2019 Honda Civic, based mostly on quoted annual premiums. Non-vehicle elements that can also have an effect on the cost of car insurance for a Honda Civic embrace your state, age, credit score rating, declare historical past and driving file. Moreover, each automobile insurance coverage firm fees a distinct price for a similar make and mannequin. Beneath are a number of the elements that influence Honda Civic insurance coverage prices:
- Crash price stats: The Honda Civic has a repute for being a really protected automobile. The 2021 mannequin earned the “prime security choose” badge from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It has good crash scores for many harm measures and has superior crash prevention scores.
- Worth of components: Repairing a Honda Civic after an accident is normally cheap in comparison with different automobiles. A lot of the components don’t should be imported from abroad, and this mannequin lacks the bells and whistles that may be costly to repair on a higher-end automobile. This may help preserve the price of insurance coverage low, because it means insurers threat much less financially on a declare for automobile repairs.
- Security options: Newer model-year Honda Civics are geared up with superior security options which may help the motive force keep away from a expensive collision. Some fashions include a number of rear view cameras, energetic stability techniques and Honda’s Collision Mitigation Braking System. Decrease possibilities of an accident may assist offset insurance coverage prices.
Automobile insurance coverage for a Honda Civic
The price of insurance coverage for a Honda Civic is totally different for each driver based mostly on their distinctive profile. You can pay roughly than the typical price relying on standards like your age, credit score rating or accident historical past. Whereas the one option to know for certain how a lot you’ll pay is to get a customized price quote, the charges offered beneath may be helpful for the sake of comparability.
Automobile insurance coverage for Honda Civic
Civic insurance coverage prices are barely greater than common, in comparison with the nationwide common charges of $1,674 (reflecting a 2019 Toyota Camry). Primarily based on our pattern quote, listed below are the typical charges for Honda Civic insurance coverage for full protection and minimal protection insurance coverage:
|Honda Civic automobile insurance coverage||Common annual premium|
Though the Civic has good security scores and superior security options, there are some variables that may enhance the price of insurance coverage for this make and mannequin, significantly theft. In response to the Nationwide Insurance coverage Crime Bureau (NICB), Honda Civics are the second most stolen vehicle in the US. In 2019, there have been 33,220 reported thefts of Civics. The most typical mannequin 12 months for theft is the 2000 Honda Civic.
Least expensive automobile insurance coverage corporations for Honda Civics
To present you a greater sense of what you may pay for Honda Civic automobile insurance coverage, we offered a comparability of common annual charges from a number of the best car insurance companies that additionally maintain a good portion of the market share. As you see, these corporations cost barely totally different quantities for Honda Civic insurance coverage.
Common annual premium for full protection by mannequin
Honda Civic options that influence insurance coverage prices
Newer-year Honda Civics are geared up with an extended checklist of superior security options. These options can scale back the prospect of an accident, which can contribute to the general price of insurance coverage. Nonetheless, remember the fact that options within the particular fashions will fluctuate. Listed below are a number of the standout options in newer model-year Civics that may assist preserve insurance coverage prices low:
- Lively Stability Programs: The Civic is provided with a lot of stability techniques, together with anti-lock brakes, digital brake distribution, brake help and traction management, which can preserve the automobile from skidding or sliding on slick roads.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Honda equips its new Civics with the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), which can routinely apply brake strain when the automobile senses an unavoidable collision.
- Highway Departure Mitigation System: This technique will routinely regulate the automobile’s steering and braking if the motive force adjustments lanes with out signaling.
Different automobile insurance coverage protection for a Honda Civic
In most states, drivers are required to hold not less than a minimal protection insurance coverage coverage, which incorporates private legal responsibility insurance coverage and in addition Private Damage Safety (PIP) when you stay in a no-fault state. Nonetheless, there are some further protection choices that may be helpful for Honda Civic homeowners.
One add-on protection that Honda Civic drivers could discover helpful is accident forgiveness, which can preserve your premium from growing after your first accident. You may also take into account new automobile alternative protection, which can reimburse you for the price of an identical 12 months make and mannequin in case your automobile will get totaled. Honda Civic homeowners who lease or finance their automobile may profit from hole insurance coverage, which helps you repay your remaining mortgage steadiness in case your automobile will get totaled.
Bankrate makes use of Quadrant Info Providers to research 2021 charges for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted charges are based mostly on a 40-year-old female and male driver with a clear driving file, good credit score and the next full protection limits:
- $100,000 bodily harm legal responsibility per individual
- $300,000 bodily harm legal responsibility per accident
- $50,000 property injury legal responsibility per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily harm per individual
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily harm per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 complete deductible
To find out minimal protection limits, Bankrate used minimal coverages that meet every state’s necessities. Our base profile drivers personal a 2019 Honda Civic, commute 5 days every week and drive 12,000 miles yearly.
These are pattern charges and will solely be used for comparative functions.