Volvo’s largest SUV goes hybrid-only, with B5 and B6 mild-hybrid petrol choices becoming a member of a plug-in hybrid possibility.
- 2022 Volvo XC90 pricing and specification
- Giant luxurious SUV beneficial properties mild-hybrid powertrains
- 4 variants on supply, together with a plug-in hybrid
- Priced from $87,889 earlier than on-road prices
The 2022 Volvo XC90 giant luxurious SUV has gone hybrid-only.
As a part of the broader Mannequin 12 months 2022 Volvo Australia vary – which contains mild-hybrid, plug-in hybrid and all-electric fashions solely – the XC90 swaps 2021’s ‘T’ petrol and ‘D’ diesel choices for ‘B’ mild-hybrid engines, obtainable in B5 and B6 varieties.
The B5 and B6 function a 48-volt mild-hybrid system, which makes use of an ‘built-in starter-generator’, regenerative braking and a compact battery to help the two.0-litre turbo-petrol four-cylinder engine on the transfer to save lots of gasoline, and permit for faster restarts of the engine versus a typical stop-start system.
4 variants are on supply: three mild-hybrid fashions – B5 Momentum, B6 Inscription and B6 R-Design – and one plug-in hybrid, the Recharge Plug-in Hybrid.
Opening the vary is the B5 Momentum, priced from $87,889 earlier than on-road prices.
Outputs from the mild-hybridised 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine below the bonnet are rated at 183kW and 350Nm, despatched to all 4 wheels by an eight-speed computerized transmission. Volvo claims a 6.8-second 0-100km/h dash time.
Commonplace tools contains leather-accented upholstery, a 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and satellite tv for pc navigation, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, four-zone local weather management, seven seats, 20-inch wheels, and a full suite of lively security applied sciences.
Stepping as much as the B6 Inscription – priced from $97,889 earlier than on-road prices – brings an uprated 2.0-litre mild-hybrid powertrain, now that includes a supercharger to ship 220kW and 420Nm to all 4 treads by an eight-speed auto. Volvo claims mixed gasoline financial system of 8.2L/100km – a discount of 0.3L/100km – and a 6.7-second 0-100km/h time.
Further tools features a crystal gear selector, 21-inch alloy wheels, distinctive exterior trim, puddle gentle projection and a leather-accented key fob.
Sitting atop the mild-hybrid vary is the B6 R-Design, priced from $99,888 earlier than on-road prices, which provides 22-inch wheels, nappa leather-based and Nubuck textile sports activities seats, a sports activities steering wheel, metallic pedals, R-Design exterior trim and extra.
The flagship of the vary is the Recharge Plug-in Hybrid (previously referred to as the T8 R-Design), priced from $117,888 earlier than on-road prices (however inclusive of GST and Luxurious Automobile Tax).
It is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder petrol engine, mated to a 65kW electrical motor to develop 300kW and 640Nm mixed. Energy goes to all 4 wheels, with the entrance axle pushed by an eight-speed computerized transmission.
Volvo claims a 44km electrical vary and a pair of.3L/100km mixed gasoline consumption determine (in keeping with ADR testing) when pushed conservatively, with a extra enthusiastic push of the suitable pedal delivering a 5.6-second 0-100km/h time.
It provides most of the B6 R-Design’s elective options as normal, particularly a panoramic sunroof, tinted rear home windows, ‘lively chassis’ adaptive air suspension, and a Bowers & Wilkins sound system, plus an electrical air con unit and a Kind 2 charging cable.
A variety of elective gadgets and packages can be found, with the precise drive-away costs of every various between state. A handful of those are listed on the backside of this story.
The 2022 Volvo XC90 vary is because of hit Australian showrooms within the coming weeks.
2022 Volvo XC90 Australian pricing
- XC90 B5 Momentum – $87,889
- XC90 B6 Inscription – $97,889
- XC90 B6 R-Design – $99,888
- XC90 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid – $117,888
Notice: All costs above exclude on-road prices. Pricing supply: Volvo Australia web site.
2022 Volvo XC90 B5 Momentum normal options:
- 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with wired Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, satellite tv for pc navigation and digital radio
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Wi-fi smartphone charging
- Head-up show
- DAB+ digital radio
- Energy-adjustable heated entrance seats with reminiscence and lumbar assist
- Seven-seat structure
- Keyless entry
- Palms-free electrical tailgate
- ‘Leather-based-accented’ seat upholstery
- Leather-based-wrapped steering wheel
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Brilliant aluminium window trim
- Blond headlining
- Linear Walnut inside inlays
- 4-zone local weather management (together with third-row vents)
- Rear window solar blinds
- ‘Touring’ suspension tune
- Energy-folding aspect mirrors
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise management with stop-and-go
- Lane-keep help
- Pilot Help semi-autonomous expertise (together with lane-centring)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Semi-automatic parking
- Tyre stress monitoring
2022 Volvo XC90 B6 Inscription provides (over B5 Momentum):
- Orrefors crystal gear shifter
- Leather-based-accented key fob
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Inscription-specific exterior styling
- Puddle lamp projection
2022 Volvo XC90 B6 R-Design provides (over B6 Inscription):
- Nappa leather-based, Nubuck textile and leatherette mixture seat upholstery
- ‘Contour’ sports activities entrance seats
- Sports activities leatherette steering wheel and shifter
- Steel Mesh aluminium trim inlays
- Charcoal gray headlining
- Metallic pedals
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- R-Design exterior styling
2022 Volvo XC90 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid provides (over B6 R-Design):
- Electrical cabin heater and cooler
- Panoramic sunroof
- Tinted rear home windows
- Adaptive air suspension (lively chassis)
- Bowers & Wilkins sound system with subwoofer
- Kind 2 AC charging cable
The Local weather pack, obtainable on all variants, provides:
- Heated steering wheel
- Headlight washer jets
- Heated outboard rear seats
The Way of life pack, obtainable on all B5 and B6 variants, provides:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Tinted rear home windows
- Harman Kardon OR Bowers & Wilkins sound system (with the latter costing additional)
Different obtainable choices embody:
- Adaptive air suspension (all bar Recharge T8, round $3800 drive-away, relying on state)
- Massaging entrance seats (round $4400)
- Harman Kardon premium sound system (all bar Recharge T8, round $2000)
- Bowers & Wilkins sound system (B6 Inscription and B6 R-Design solely, round $4500)