LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Nevada Freeway Patrol needs to remind drivers to take it sluggish on slick roads in wet climate, sharing the message on social media with dashboard video that reveals a automotive going airborne and overturning on the freeway south of Las Vegas.
The company says the driving force and passenger had minimal accidents and that each had been sporting their seatbelts.
The crash occurred on Interstate 15 close to Through Inspirada Entry Street, close to Sloan Street, heading northbound into town on June 24.
NHP says it had simply completed raining within the space and a automotive was driving too quick for the street situations.
In a video despatched to 13 Motion Information by a viewer named Raj, you’ll be able to see a automotive start to hydroplane earlier than it hits the middle median, turning into airborne after which overturning.
Watch the video under, courtesy Raj:
In a tweet on Wednesday, NHP shared the video with the message:
We certain are pleased to take a break from this warmth and get some rain, however we ask that everybody please decelerate whereas driving in these moist roadway situations. When you don’t consider us, watch this video! #Hydroplane #SeatBeltsSaveLives #NailedTheLanding #Olympics2021 #NhpSocomm
The Nevada Division of Transportation has a listing of suggestions for driving within the rain. Learn the complete listing under or on dot.nv.gov.
NDOT TIPS FOR DRIVING IN THE RAIN
- Solely journey in heavy rain when crucial, and at all times depart further time to soundly attain your vacation spot
- When moving into the automotive throughout wet situations, moist footwear could slide from pedals. Dry soles of footwear on automobile carpeting or rubber matting if doable
- Remember and keep away from flooded areas–never try to cross operating or flooded water
- Activate headlights to see and be seen
- Defrost home windows if crucial, each earlier than and whereas driving
- Scale back velocity. Velocity limits are primarily based on regular street and climate situations, not wet situations
- By Nevada legislation, wipers should be on whereas driving in rain or snow
- Preserve further distance from different autos
- Watch rigorously for different autos and pedestrians
- Flip off cruise management to cut back hydroplaning
- Brake earlier and with much less power, and switch slower than you’d in regular driving situations
- Don’t slam on the brakes. Apply regular strain on ABS-equipped autos and pump the brakes if crucial on non-ABS autos
- If the automobile begins to skid, steer in route of slide and slowly take away foot from the accelerator
- Quickly pull off the street to a protected location when you have issue seeing the roadway or different visitors