Starting Tuesday night time, an arctic entrance with under freezing temperatures is forecast to maneuver into the Texas Division of Transportation’s (TxDOT) Brownwood District.
Crews have begun prepping and staging tools, treating main state maintained roadways and constructions, and can monitor situations across the clock. The Brownwood District contains Brown, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Lampasas, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba and Stephens Counties.
The Nationwide Climate Service (NWS) forecast expects this entrance to maneuver slowly bringing freezing temperatures throughout the whole state for a number of days. Tuesday night time, alongside I-20 and north of the interstate, a lightweight freezing drizzle could happen, inflicting slick spots on overpasses and elevated constructions.
Wednesday night time into Thursday, frozen precipitation is feasible all through the district. Saturday and Sunday may see temperatures drop to single digits in Eastland and Stephens Counties. Snow could also be doable in some areas of the district on Monday, February 15. Freezing temperatures could stay by means of the center of subsequent week.
TxDOT crews are at the moment treating main roadways and constructions in anticipation of frozen precipitation. Use warning when driving close to work convoys. Crews will proceed to watch and de-ice any areas of issues all through this climate occasion.
TxDOT reminds motorists to comply with these useful ideas when touring in winter climate:
* Give your self time to succeed in your vacation spot and account for doable journey delays. Have endurance and share the street with different drivers.
• Be sure each individual has their seat belt buckled and that little one passengers are secured correctly in security seats.
• Drive with warning, scale back pace and enhance journey distance between your automobile and others on the street (at the least thrice the traditional following distance). Don’t apply brakes all of a sudden on slippery roads.
* Flip off cruise management and lane help in newer autos.
* Use warning when driving over bridges and overpasses, as temperatures will be colder on elevated surfaces.
* Decelerate when approaching emergency or upkeep autos, particularly when their flashing lights are on. The legislation requires drivers to keep up a distance of at the least 200 toes when approaching a snowplow, and by no means move on the fitting. Visibility will also be decreased throughout winter climate situations.
* Winterize autos earlier than journey in hostile situations. Verify gasoline, tire, oil and antifreeze ranges. Be sure brakes and windshield wipers are working correctly.
* In case you don’t should journey, keep dwelling.
* Climate can change rapidly, so vacationers are inspired to verify roadway situations previous to journey.
TxDOT roadway situations statewide can be found at DriveTexas.org or by calling 1-800-452-9292. The Brownwood District Twitter feed (@TxDOTBWD) can be up to date as street situations change. Different TxDOT Twitter feeds and the TxDOT Fb web page are additionally precious assets for journey situations throughout the state.