It has been some time for the reason that Central Coast has skilled important rainfall. As we enter the wet season, listed here are some suggestions from the Santa Barbara County Fireplace Division that can assist you keep secure whereas driving on moist roads:
- Routinely test your tires for tread depth and correct inflation.
- Decelerate. As rain falls, it mixes with grime and oil on the street creating slick situations.
- Know tips on how to recuperate from a skid. Bear in mind to not slam on the brakes. Apply agency, regular strain to the brakes and steer the automotive within the course of the skid.
- Hold your distance from the automotive forward of you. It takes about 3 times longer to brake on moist roads than on dry roads.
- Flip in your headlights. Not solely do they allow you to see the street, however they will assist different drivers see you.
- First rains make the street very slippery and essentially the most troublesome to drive on as mud and oil mix with water to type a slippery layer.
- Dry your brakes after driving via standing water. If in case you have pushed via standing water, apply the brakes calmly for a short while to dry them.
- Make sure that your wipers are in good situation and functioning correctly. California regulation requires that when you have your wipers on, your car headlights should even be on.